What are the different types of extensions used by VMWare?
Extension used by VMWare are
1. log: is used to keep a log file to maintain a key for VMWare. This file allows user to see the problems encountered during any installation or while using VMWare.
2. nvram: is used to store the state of the virtual machine in system’s BIOS.
3. vmdk: is a virtual disk file that is used to store the content of virtual machine.
4. vmsd: stores the information and metadata of the system’s snapshots.
5. vmsn: is used to store the snapshot state. It stores both the running state and the time when you have taken it.
6. vmss: stores the suspended state of a virtual machine.
7. vmtm: stores the configuration team data.
8. vmx: store the primary configurations for the new virtual machine.