CleanWipe tool from Symantec
CleanWipe tool is a final solution for the removal of the Symantec Endpoint Protection product. To receive this tool you need to contact Symantec Support. Support Supporthttp://www.symantec.com/support/contact_techsupp_static.jsp
CleanWipe utility is also included in the release of 12.1 RU2 & now it works/performs much better.
Supported Operating Systems
Windows 2000 SP4+ (requires MS KB816542 included in Update Rollout 1 for SP4)
XP / Server 2003 / 2003R2
Vista / Server 2008
Windows 7 / Server 2008R2
Windows 8 / 2012 Server
Both 32 and 64bit versions, where applicable
Before you run Cleanwipe tool, you can download Symantec Diagnostic Support Tool to identify the problem.
It’s a Zip file with password protected. Need to extract Zip file prior to run Cleanwipe.exe
1. On the welcome screen, click Next.
2. Read the license agreement, check I accept the terms in the license agreement and then click Next.
3. Now, you can see the list of products from which you can choose the required one. This is a major change compared to the previous Cleanwipe version.
4. A reboot is mandatory to completely remove any of the above products. However, if you want to hold the reboot and do it manually at a later point of time, you can now uncheck Reboot Automatically.
This doesn’t require multiple reboots when compared to the previous versions of cleanwipe utility.
You need to contact support to get cleanwipe. Open a webcase here:
They will send you the credentials to log in and download.
you can call symantec support
How to create a new case in MySymantec
Phone numbers to contact Tech Support:-
Regional Support Telephone Numbers:
• United States: 800-342-0652 (407-357-7600 from outside the United States)
• Australia: 1300 365510 (+61 2 8220 7111 from outside Australia)
• United Kingdom: +44 (0) 870 606 6000